I may have mentioned my obsession with Pinterest before. I must have spent hours, often in the middle of the night, pinning recipes, quotes, pictures of beautiful homes, tips to make your life simpler… It’s brilliant.
However, when I first saw Green Smoothies being pinned, I thought, “Yuck, disgusting. Why would anyone add spinach to a smoothie?”
But then, I read about them. I thought about it a bit more. And in my New Years Health Kick, I decided to give them a go.
What do you know? They are delicious. You honestly can’t taste the spinach. There’s possibly a slightly grassy freshness to the smoothie, and yes, it is definitely green, but it tastes just like a normal banana and strawberry (or whatever fruit you choose) smoothie.
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 50ml fruit juice or milk
- 1 banana
- 1 handful blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or mango (or a combination)
- 1 pot yoghurt (individual serving)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons oats
- Put the spinach and fruit juice or milk into the blender. Whizz until it is completely blended. You want to do this first because getting chunks of spinach leaf in a smoothie is gross.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
It really doesn’t taste of spinach, and it has loads of vitamins. You kind of feel super healthy from drinking it. Enjoy the glow.