I have to say that this looked terrible. In every single photo I took, it bared more than a passing resemblance to vomit. Eventually I had to hide it behind some lamb chops and spinach. You can just about see the gratin in the top right of the picture.
I know, I’m really selling this dish. But, truthfully, it actually tasted really good. That could have been the half a pint of cream. But the original recipe called for a pint, so I’m claiming this is the healthy version.
Apologies for the photo itself. My camera battery died as I was dishing up, and I had to use my phone instead. Now my phone is playing up and refusing to connect with i photo. So I’ve not been able to use my usual editing and touch-ups.
- 100g pancetta
- 2 leeks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tin sweetcorn (260g drained weight)
- 300ml double cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Finely slice the leeks and dice the red pepper.
- Saute the pancetta in a large frying pan. Add the leeks and vegetables and saute for around 5 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and mix well. Put this mixture into the slow cooker.
- In a jug, mix together the cream and the egg yolks. Add the worcestershire sauce and season well. Pour this over the vegetables.
- Cook on High for 3 hours.